Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kariakoo market

Last week my Swahili classmates and I went on a little adventure with our Swahili teacher.....to one of the big markets in downtown Dar es Salaam called Kariakoo Market. Here are some photos from our trip!

The 5 CDC fellows: Tom, Julie, me, Nnenna and Imee















The inside part of the market, where you can buy household items...















spices and lentils, etc...















and fish...















This section is dedicated to things like produce, grains, spices, etc...


and then just outside the market you can buy fresh fruits and veggies....
 



 and of course, no matter where you are, you must always be clear about which football team you support....




1 comment:

  1. Hi christen...I just read through all your blog entries with rapt attention (though I should be working on any one of many assignments for school!) I am so excited for you on this new chapter in your life...the 'welcome back to africa' entry had me laughing out loud!

    Keep up the good work and keep writing - your fan club is reading and living vicariously through you!
    xoxoxoxo
    laura

    ReplyDelete